Hikes

Hikes! Something that I love to do

I really enjoy getting outdoors. Provided the weather is good to me, or at least I have the appropriate layers to not feel like I'm going to seize up.

There's nothing quite like being outside in the fresh air, a little exertion and some good company!

Today I spent the day hiking with my dad :) It was his bday on the 21st and I've been meaning to get out on another hike with him, so today was the day! We both have sundays and mondays off so this worked well

I had invited others to come but people were busy with their own stuff so it was just us two.  It was awesome

We went to Chilliwack BC to a place called Elk Mountain.  We had done part of this hike before, I'd heard how good the views were and my dad likes to hike as well so we put it on our list! Last time there was six of us and two dogs.  It didn't go as well. We got lost -- the trail was pretty obvious, but that couldn't be it! let's keep going? and the dogs we brought weren't ready for a hike.. they were pretty misbehaved

We also had a few hikers who weren't as into hiking as the rest of us.. so we ended up going in about an hour or so and making it to a lookout.. not much to see, lot's of trees in the way but still nice. We turned around and went home.  I told my dad we would do it again and this time go all the way to the top

We made it to that first lookout in under an hour... pretty good start! We made it to the top in about 45-50 mins after that.. so just shy of two hours.. it was breath taking! We were told there was another peak about 10-15 mins away... we're already here... what's a little further?? So we did that too.. honestly, I can't say enough good things about this hike. Sure, it was steep at parts but the view at the top was worth it. The trail itself wasnt that busy, and everyone we encountered was very friendly

We stopped at the top for a while, talked, sat in the sun, ate some snacks and eventually made our way back down. I really enjoy these mornings / afternoons with my dad. I can certainly see where I get my ability to talk for hours at a time...that's all we do! We can talk forever about essentially nothing.  I find I can open up to my dad about things like when we're going to have kids etc and he offers his own insight instead of telling me what to do like my mother has done from time to time. I also know he won't go home and just blab whatever I've said to my mom which I also appreciate.

My dad and I will also watch baseball (go Jays!) and hockey together, and with the post season for MLB and regular season about to start for those Vancouver Canucks it'll be nice to have something to hang out and talk about once it gets too cold to head outside

Here's a few pics from today, believe me when I say my phone doesnt do it justice



                                   father daughter selfie!


My sister and I also went to Kelowna last weekend and hiked Canyon Falls Park 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to quit

Hiking during a pandemic

S.A.H.M. / S.A.H.P