Babies first 5km

Run, Run, Run

Last year I was looking into stroller friendly races to do with the wee man once he was "old enough" to be in the running stroller.

I went onto facebook market to find a used running stroller and I grabbed a Thule / Chariot for 40$ (they retail upwards of 700$ brand new!) and once Ethan was big enough we were off! It's very light weight a little large considering its a single stroller but it certainly does the trick!

I've taken the stroller on some (basic) trails and gone running around our neck of the woods.

You may have seen earlier that I did a trail race in November, and managed a sub 1-hour time! Which was my goal. I had friends surprise me on race day! and had three people to pace me - aka encourage me to speed up!
I signed up for a stroller friendly 5km in Vancouver. It was on March 7th and the weather held out! I've been super unlucky with the races I've picked over the last little while as far as weather is concerned. It poured rain during my triathlon, was a bit chilly for the trail race and although a bit cold (especially being near the water) it was a very nice day for a run!

Race started at 945am (my start time was actually 10) so let the baby getup on his own, got ready to go and off to vancouver we went!

The race I chose was the Hot Chocolate Run - hosted by try events (Try Events) included race pics, medals (for me && the baby) bibs, timing chip, and a mug of hot chocolate! What's not to like?

I went for the 5km and I wanted to haul ass! My goal was 30 mins or less and I smashed it :)
Passing people left and right! It was stroller friendly but I saw a total of 3 people (myself included) and I feel confident that I was the first stroller across

My official finish time was 25:43.6

To say I was excited would be an understatement. It felt really good, I hauled ass haha
My husband came and went to take pictures of us crossing the finish line but he said that I was 'too fast' (oh stahhhp) I did manage to find a pic online that the event shared

I'm really proud to have finished this race. I've never done a 5km race before so although I don't have anything to compare it to, it was def one of my best times to date

Cheers to this finish and hopefully more in the future with the wee man!
*He slept at least some of the race. At least there were no tears? haha 

I didn't have an official podium finish - there was a glitch in the system and I wasn't on the original results printed. From the looks of the online results I finished THIRD for women :) :) and 12th overall (first place time was 17 mins)


Just me and my mom, running races








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food For Thought...

I want to quit

Hiking during a pandemic