New Years Resolution 2016

With the year coming to a close I like to start thinking about how I want my next year to shape up

 New Years Eve has always been my favorite holiday ( I'm aware it's not a'real' holiday ) I like to get a new outfit, maybe get my nails or hair done etc I actually do my hair and - gasp wear make up ... it's fun :)

I always remember growing up our parents and their friends would have a party and there was lot's of food and dancing, and when I got older ..drinking I'm not a big drinker, I do enjoy a bevy here and there. Wine, bellini's, margarita, rum & coke but it's only every once in a while. I've always been that way. Especially once I started competing, alcohol isn't exactly a part of my "clean eating" diet.

For anyone who is curious I'm considered a "clean eater" I have a free meal once and week and a high carb day once a week. The rest of the week is a little lower in carbs and higher in fats. I do not starve by any means and I'm not currently working in a deficit. I am not currently ON prep for a show so this is considered my maintenance diet / phase.I like being a clean eater. I have never tried being a macro dieter. It's not that I don't find it interesting, clean eating has proven to work for me at this time so that's what I"m sticking with. The idea of eating whole foods and getting my nutrients/protein etc from a more natural source is certainly something I'm interested in. I do take vitamins still and I do use protein powder but, that's essentially as processed as I get. I do eat bread or wraps and other processed things from time to time but I tend to sway more towards oatmeal/steel cut oats, yams and other starchy carbs.

 Back to new years, I love making resolutions. In 2013 I made the resolution to become a "fit girl" I saw a documentary called 'I want to look like that guy'. It was about a guy who trained like a body builder and drastically changed his body composition. From there I recruited a few gfs who I was going to the gym with and we started bodybuilding.com 's fat burner diet & exercise program. It was a 12 wk program. I took pictures throughout and was a bit more mindful of my food and I did see changes. We then went and trained for a half marathon which we completed together. It was awesome

 I didn't get to the place where I thought someone would look at me and think " I want to look like her " but hey I'm a work in progress! haha and even if I get to a place that I'd like to look, doesn't mean anyone else will want to look like that too..

 2014 - I had competed in three shows back to back and had gotten down to a very low weight. I did really well in my shows but the rebound afterwards was not good at all. Not mentally or physically. I finished my ON season at 124 lbs and by the end I was close to 155. I hated how I looked, I hated how I felt and I didn't know how to change it. The weight came on so fast that I felt like I was stuck.

My resolution going into 2015 was positive self talk. It's something I still work on daily and have struggles with from time to time, but I'm so much better at talking to myself in a more positive matter.

Be kind to yourself

 Heading into 2016, the year I turn 30... My resolution is reflection. I want to reflect on how good my life is. Count blessings if you will. I also want to focus a lot of my energy on self empowerment / improvement. I recently started working through a self help book called You're a badass, and I'm really enjoying it. I also have purchased the Secret, it has 28 days worth of challenges / chapters to work through and I'm interested to see how much I can learn about myself this year. I also have some books on building a budget and debt repayment. Things I would like to feel like I have a handle on before I were to commit to having a baby or going on mat leave So that's where I'm at. New Year Eve, the ultimate motivation monday Just have to get through 4 more shifts of work and it's time to enjoy family, get some gifts -- give some gifts! and eat some delicious foods :)

 Merry Christmas and have a safe and happy new year :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food For Thought...

I want to quit

Hiking during a pandemic