Christmas Time

Finally time to have some time off. I've been steadily working 6 days a week for the last little while and I'm finding myself quite tired. I have been hitting the gym 4x a week lately and when I have sundays off.. I take the day entirely off. As in... do absolutely nothing. Which would be good for my physical health to slow down but my mental health tends to suffer. Trying to find a little in the middle.

We (my husband and I) have been 'meaning' to clean out our spare bedroom which has quickly become the 'junk room' and it's a source of stress

The tree is up! the decorations are on and I've even gotten some things off to donation (thanks instagram!) and that lovely husband of mine went through and organised the spare bedroom yesterday while I was at a holiday party.

Not much to report. This time last year we were in Australia and summer weather. I'm really day dreaming about another trip. Doesn't have to be as elaborate as our trip to australia. That trip was both expensive and long. It was the longest I'd ever gone anywhere or taken time off (3wks) I don't think we could re-create that trip if we tried. Such a great experience and a good time to relax and visit with family.

My in-laws (some of them) live in Australia and they come and visit every few years but last year was my first time travelling there. Blake, my husband, was born there and moved back to Canada with his mom when he 2 yrs old

Currently there is an uncle and spouse here for a visit. They arrived a few days ago and we'll get to see them for christmas dinner. With only 4 days off (only? Usually I get one day off a week) We have a lot of driving to do! We live just outside of the fraser valley. My family is in Mission, my family dinner and christmas morning out there then we head off to English bay to pick up some family members for dinner (yes TWO dinners in one day!) and then over to North Vancouver for the actual festivities then back to English bay to drop off and HOME. The next day my dads parents will host an appies and drinks afternoon/evening where we drop in and visit. It's how we've always done it. My dads parents, and entire side of that family, are much more introverted, quiet and don't really do big celebrations. The other side of my family is the opposite. There's so many people! and dinners are big and there are several a year that you're expected to go to.

After all the family and holiday business is over... it's back to work for me! We've got a hectic day booked at my main office on the 27, for some reason I agreed to work a short day at my other office and then I work that saturday. I'm already tired just thinking about it. The following week is NYE and I've got another 4 days off and that will be full of actual rest

Finally got my snow tires on... yesterday (Dec 22) and I'm itching to hit up some snow shoeing. Just need the weather to cooperate

Updates to come :) Happy holidays! Hope everyone gets to enjoy some time with families and friends

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to quit

Hiking during a pandemic

S.A.H.M. / S.A.H.P