If I was blind, I would still workout

In the post partum stage... people talk about it being a balancing act. I would agree that it's true. In this stage (3m PP) I have found some kind of life balance. Do we get a lot done? Sometimes. Do we sleep in? Yes. If baby will sleep so with this mum. I am currently on maternity leave with my first baby, so there's no other children (or pets) to attend to... it's whatever we feel like doing.. AKA what I feel like doing because at three months you don't get much of a say

I have returned to playing softball. I use that term loosely as I cannot make the later games (830 pm starts) due to our schedule at home and baby isn't always asleep by then but my husband has to be in bed before games are over due to his early starts

Regardless, I have returned to ball. Running post C section is... interesting. I was never super fast but definitely feeling slower. Starting off is hard and keeping speed is difficult. I stopped running around week 33 while pregnant and sprints weren't on the schedule far before that

Post Partum fitness is different too.. thinking I'm home all day I'll have so much time to workout! I hate working out at home. Always have. Can I? Yes. Do I? Rarely.

I went to a pelvic floor specialized physiotherapist. She was AWESOME. Helped to show me what to do with movements how to address my scar and what to expect. She has been a great resource. When I asked my OB for clearance and training for softball, triathlon ... general life. He wasn't very promising when it came to returning to sports. Said that he doubted I would be able to do another triathlon in a few months (aka the one I'm currently signed up for in Sept) the physio was quite optimistic though which is great.

Do I feel pressure to return to my "pre baby body"
At this time, honestly, I do not. Will this change? I would say that it's likely. I've had body image issues for a long time and have had to really work at body acceptance over the years and changes in my life

I did not have any hate for my pregnancy body. Did I love it? Not overly. Did I hate it? No.
I knew that my body had to change in order to have a baby, I did not weigh myself aside from when it was required during my pregnancy. I have no idea how much weight  I gained while pregnant or how much I have lost since

Forever a work in progress it's something to work towards is complete body acceptance. Will I even get it? I'm not sure. But I can try!
I get to the gym between 2-3 times a week. I walk 3-5 x a week and I eat. There are times I 'forget' to eat, which hasn't happened to me in a long time! But you find with an infant that you're paying more attn to them and other things and before you know it ... I'm starving!

Trying to be mindful of foods that I'm eating, re-introducing veggies and lean meats again because I could not stomach them while I was pregnant. I still eat treats very often.

One thing I thought of the other day...

 I would still workout even if I was blind

I like the feeling of working out, the feeling afterwards, knowing you're getting stronger, it's addictive. It feels good. Therefore, should I care how I look? 


Just some thoughts to get out today. Hopefully I can keep this positive movement throughout the years. My life is only going to get busier as this baby quickly stops being a baby

I'll share an update on how ball season has been going, as it comes to a close in August
I'll also share my triathlon training as I have my very first standard (Olympic) distance race coming in September


Stay tuned :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to quit

Food For Thought...

Hiking during a pandemic