My Mom makes me watch Baseball

I watch baseball. My husband does not. In fact, 90% of the time sports are on in our house it's because I have put it on, not him.

I am a Toronto Blue Jays fan. Have been for a while. When I wear BlueJays gear it's because I actually watch not strictly because they're the Canadian team.

For the past ... 6ish years I have gone down with friends to Seattle when the Jays are in town! Once I got to go to Toronto for a work function and the Jays were out of town (dang!) and I would have gone to a home game which is one of those bucket list things people talk about

I have been to Rogers centre in Toronto, and the JAYS store to buy way cheaper (and funner) Jays Gear.

I digress, since I actually reside in BC it's not the easiest to get to Ontario simply to watch games. So, my gfs and I will make the trek to Seattle to watch a game or games when the Jays are in town

This year, as with most things is a little different. Ethan came with this time. Now, he was a whopping 4months old when the Jays came to Seattle and I bought the tickets while he was still an inside baby having no idea if I would bring him or not

Well, I did. He sat in the border line ups with us (1.45 hrs down and 1 hr back) they do road work on sundays in Washington (unfortunate) and the drive itself is close to 3 hrs. He did really good considering. He napped quite a bit in the car seat, thankfully. Got him out for stretch/feed/bum change en route and same thing at the field.

Fun Fact: you're Free until 3 yrs old at Safeco (aka T-Mobile park) and they have a parents area
Everyone we ran into at the field was very friendly. Informing us that you can get a "my first game" certificate at customer service. Lot's of people stopped us and asked 'is this his first game?' even though we were cheering for the other guys

Shout out to my gf. She drove my car for me when Ethan was acting out, or just tired of being in his car seat. Listened to my baby stories, because honestly I don't talk about much else and for helping me with all the crap that comes when you bring a baby literally anywhere

Would I bring him again? Yeah, sure. But, if they come on a weekend next year it might just be mommies time to get away for a night. We will just have to see




of course my son can fall asleep anywhere

Unfortunately, we were late to the game. Even when we got to the border by 830am for a 1:10 pm game. The Blue Jays also lost that game. Not until the bottom of the 8th at least. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to quit

Food For Thought...

Hiking during a pandemic