New Year New Adventures

Well, maybe some not so new adventures. 2016 has only just started and I've already gone on two hikes

the first was Joffre Lakes, just outside of Pemberton area. I'd never been before but seen tonnes of pics online and really wanted to experience it. It's very far away from where I live! haha Stayed the night at my mother in laws the night before in Squamish and then spent the next morning driving the 1 1/2 to Joffre. It was a balmy -16 that day but really clear and sunny. So beautiful. We hiked all three lakes and it took us 2 1/2 hours round trip.. so not bad! Would really like to go again and maybe do an overnight in the summer time to see those beautiful lakes, instead of walking on them haha

We (my girl friend and I) rented snow shoes from MEC. To rent for the weekend and grab a cliff bar cost 15$ totally do able! AND found out that you can rent tents etc from MEC as well so before I bite the bullet and purchase a tent that can be compressed down into a hiking over night pack (for anywhere from 200 - 600$) I can try one out 

Anyhoo, the hike was awesome and we walked on the lakes instead of seeing them so it would be great to go back. We did things a little unconventional .. we carried the shoes on the way up .. didn't feel like it was too treacherous. Once we were on our way back down, we used the snow shoes and we got moving really quickly! So maybe in the future we'll use the shoes for what they're for haha 

Today I was back in the Squamish area with my hubby. He's taking part in a web series about apprentices and since he's a welding apprentice they asked him to take part in a film theyre making. There are two parts to the short story. One - work life and they taped him working for a few days and even released a teaser of that part on the seaspan website  http://www.seaspan.com/video-gallery

the second part was his personal / private life. A day in the life of a welder apparently, when the video peeps asked my husband what we like to do in our spare time he said that we're both pretty active. He competes in Jits and I do fitness competitions... I guess you could say we're active haha. They taped him this morning training at the school he attends. Then we took the trip to Squamish to go for a "hike"

I've done the sea to summit before with a girlfriend last summer. It is amazing! really well marked. It's approx 7 km and it took us about 3 hours. They have lots of snow right now and we did not rent the shoes this time, we took the gondola up and they filmed us walking around and some pretty cool views.  I haven't done any of the trails at the top so it was cool for me too .. and cold! A warm 1 degree out compared to the past weekend but I was not dressed as prepared as I was last week. Still amazing. I'm so proud of him for taking part in the video. People stopped us and asked if we were famous... um, no haha. Don't you think if either of us were famous you might recognize us? oh well, still cool. 

So now it's sunday night I've had my final meal of the night relaxing after a nice hot bath and planning out the week ahead. Good start to 2016
Few pics from the last two weekends 


Panorama of Joffre Lake Glacier View from 3rd lake



View from the suspension bridge on the Sea to Summit, Squamish

View from the second lake, Joffre Lakes

Sunset Sunday! Sea to Summit in Squamish

Sea to Summit







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to quit

Food For Thought...

Hiking during a pandemic