2017

Wow. It's been a while

Welcome to 2017! Almost done the month of January.

Things that happened from Nov  to now:

I went to Cuba with my husband, sister and her bf

My FIL came from Australia to visit

We got so much snow!
--> I bought snow tires, like a real adult. Then it stopped snowing!



Cuba:

Where: Veradero. We stayed at the Iberostar Laguna Azul. Flew direct from Vancouver (I would recommend) and we stayed a week. It was lovely. Would I recommend it? Sure! The resort was 5 stars the staff and ground were excellent. The food was OK. I thought I wasn't so much of a 'clean eater' anymore but apparently that's just not true! Of the four of us I was the only one who had any issues with the food. Just more processed than I'm used to.. Plus, I have an issue with dairy and still ate things like pizza.. so not really surprising.
The beaches were amazing, we went to Havana for an entire day and ate off the resort.. Would DEF recommend that it was really neat to see. We rented a car and had an English speaking guide. It was less expensive than paying for the tour through the resort and we got to chose what we did and when we did it so that was nice. Plus the tour was in one of the old fashioned cars which is basically a must in Cuba. Flight was direct as I mentioned, we left thurs to thurs and it was only 6 hours which was pretty great.

Visitors from down under:

My father in law and brother in law both came from Sydney on the 19th of Dec. They left on Jan 4th. It was nice to see them. My BIL is 13 now and almost taller than me! (I'm 5'10) he's a good kid and more mature than I was expecting. My husband had a few days off over the holidays and they went to Squamish for tubing and they even spent a night at our place during all the holiday stuffs.
I had minimal time off this year.. usually theres a week or two that offices are closed but with the holiday being on a weekend this year it worked out that... we just kept working! I did several days on my own which was fine, and my pay checks didn't suffer. Always appreciated around the holidays!

Next year we're hoping to be in Australia for Christmas. It's the easiest time to get off work without missing too much and its their summer! Sounds like good times

Snow

BC actually got one of those Canadian christmas' this year. Lots of snow and working in three different cities was getting a bit stressful for driving. In fact, we missed seeing my dads parents because of the snow and poor driving conditions. So, I actually bought snow tires. My dad and I talked about it and I complained that I didn't want to spend an extra 600$ on something I may not truly need. He says 600$ or your life? The next week I had the tires put on
Does anyone else do whatever their parent tells them to do? I'm 30 years old and apparently still do!

Well that's all for now I suppose, I've got some new goals on the go (obviously) but I'll make another post about that another time

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food For Thought...

I want to quit

Hiking during a pandemic