Softball Player, Bikini Competitor.. Triathlete?

2017 Goals!


So far this year the stage has not called my name. It's not going anywhere. I've done 6 shows in three years and seen the ups and downs. Pushed hard, found new highs and lows within myself. Learned a lot about myself and what I like and grew in the process. I did local shows, I made it to Provincial level and also National level with this hobby of mine.

It's very expensive. It's pretty extreme and takes up a lot of your life, and I really enjoyed (most of) it

Now I've started looking into a different type of goal. One that will still push me. One that not just anyone can do. That doesn't require quite the same diet restrictions. Training will still be several times a week if not 5 or 6 times a week, but that's my choice.

I'm trying for my first ever Sprint Triathlon

 
what is that? It's basically the beginners triathlon.
Triathlon is: swim / bike / run
A sprint isn't some elite level super fast version.. its the half version. The version where you get your feet wet. Its 750m swim / 19km bike / 5km run

I can do all of those things right now! .. but can I do them back/to/back/to/back
Starting in January I told myself I'd start swimming, since it's been the longest since I've swam laps.

Its hard.


I've now gotten proper goggles and a swim cap. Even met another person training for the same sprint at the pool! I've also started going to SPIN classes in an effort to get my cardio in a good place (and shed a few pounds, lets just be honest here)

This week I did 1 hr spin class and followed it with 10 laps in the pool. That's 500M
It's a good way to build up my stamina since the triathlon won't really have breaks
I'm going to start brick workouts once I'm 12 wks from my goal date

The Tri I have in mind : June 3 2017 -- 1 wk before my 31st bday
It's in Oliver BC, WINE COUNTRY

I'll keep you all posted on my progress. So far things have been good, swimming proves to be the biggest challenge thus far but we'll see once I start stacking my training how I do and how fast my recovery is

What are you goals for 2017? They don't have to be fitness related!

Happy Goal Setting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to quit

Hiking during a pandemic

S.A.H.M. / S.A.H.P