Sisters in Seattle

Went away for another mini vacay with my sister :) this time our adventures took us to Seattle

I was a bit nervous only because I'm obvs not from there and dont know my way around that well.. and we cant use our ever present cell phones to navigate us around (I dont have a roaming plan) so I spent an evening before the trip google mapping places and writing down the important exits turns etc that we needed to know :) 

And it worked out great! Seattle is surpsingly easy to navigate .. if you pay enough attention haha

Went down sat afternoon/evening after I went to the popeyes fall classic with amanda :) traditional big show.. there was a bikini class G 

Competition was pretty stiff for the most part, I noticed it the most with the womens masters division. I feel like previously it was considered the "easier" division because youre not up against these young girls who come in naturally symmetrical etc.. these women BROUGHT it.. and the work theyve put in on top of having kids/careers/etc (one would assume that most of them have anyways given their age) but I would not stand a chance personally against any of those ladies.. they looked amazing

Down to seattle! got to our hotel (thanks groupon!) by around dinner time, went to the mall nearby and then out to dinner. The next day I was up early (as per usual) there was another "gym" in this hotel also which had slightly less than the one in san fran but Id already gotten my workouts in for the week so I was only dong some extra cardio and stretching anyways so it was perfect for that! on sunday we went to pike place, the original starbucks and the zoo :) My sister had never been and since we're both animal fanatics it made sense to hit it up ;) 

We got lucky with the weather.. it was VERY rainy on the way down to kent but when we wandered teh zoo aside from it being a bit chilly it was actually sunny out and clear! and not very busy.. apparently the zoo isnt THE family place to be sunday afternoon.. so we were really lucky

After the zoo we made our way back to downtown seattle and hit up the cheesecake factory :) obvs I saved a free meal for this trip! I had a salad at the cheesecake factory and we took cheesecake home to eat for dessert later... we couldnt decide what to get.. my sister is a sweets fanatic like myself so we got four pieces (ya you read that right)

Pike Place original starbucks, the line was a bit long but the staff were sensational

I wasn't in gym clothes? better document it!

Sister at the gum wall, we were both chewing gum here but my sister couldn't get a good bubble... haha


Snickers 
white chocolate & raspberry
Pecan pralines and caramel
adams peanut butter and chocolate

I also grabbed some 4$ wine from a trader joes near our hotel.. we were going to live it up ;) haha 
I opened the cheesecakes and slowly took a bite from each container.. rotating one by one.. they were each better than the rest! i dont usually pick anything with fruit in it. but since we had so much rich stuff it was a good change up and was really good! I took slow small bites and really tasted the dessert (this is new for me) 
My fave was def the PB one (my sister agreed) then the raspberry then pecan and then snickers.. snickers was good still but it was too much plain cheesecake and not enough extras .. if id had it on its own I woudl have been happy.. but i would have missed out on the amazing PB one.. I attempted to let myself get too full and sick feeling.. but it didnt happen I ate slowly and when I felt like I couldnt fit anymore.. I stopped. We didnt finish a single piece of cheesecake and my sister took the leftovers home to share with her bf 

This was probably my most successful free meal to date. Normally (especialyl with sweets) i either have to have an end to the package, something to do after or I eat until I hate myself (dont we all? haha ) so this was a big step

On monday I went to do some cardio again and the stretching exercises we made our way home slowly after breakfast stopping at some outlets (seattle premium and the burlington outlets) I grabbed some awesome nike shoes, even talkd myself OUT of buying more lulus (that i dont truly need to be honest) and got some christmas gifts... going to call this one a WIN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to quit

S.A.H.M. / S.A.H.P

Hiking during a pandemic