2020 a New Mindset

Hey friends,

Well 2020 is here! Last year was a big year for myself and my little family. We had our baby boy in April and the rest of the year was pretty focused on that haha

I stopped working April 2, baby was born April 16
Quick overview / highlights of the year after that
June - returned to softball
August - family camping & fishing trip to Port Hardy, BC
September - first standard distance triathlon
October - cutest little skunk for his first Halloween. Went to Mt Rainier with my hubby & sister
November - Ran a 10km trail race and got a Personal Best of sub 1 hr
December - babies first christmas <3

So now that you're all caught up ... what's in store for 2020? Well, I am kind of big on goal setting and gearing up for new things. Last year was obviously having a baby and navigating an entirely new life balance etc. I was also able to play softball AND do (well) in my triathlon so there were some serious physical wins as well this past year. Having a Csection really changed how my training and general life was affected post baby ... as I have written about prior

THIS year, my physical / performance goal this year is to run a sub 2 hour half marathon. My previous best is 2:05 so that's 6 mins faster! So it will be an effort :)
Unlike last year, I wasn't super excited for New Years. I should mention that NYE is one of my favorite holidays. This time we had a quiet evening with friends, which I actually really enjoyed. However, the lingering thought was sadness. My mat leave comes to an end this year. Specifically May. Which means, I have 5 months left in my mat leave. My son will be 9 months old soon and has recently stared crawling (like 2 days ago) so things have literally changes overnight in our house

I feel like I've mentinoed before that my job is a bit... stressful. I had a lot of worries about them not hiring someone to cover my mat leave ... and they didn't until about 3 months after I left. She has since quit. Two other staff members have since given notice and it looks like my work bestie is also going to leave.

So, on top of having to go back to work this year. FIND a daycare that can accept my son, PRAY that he does well there and I don't need to search for care elsewhere. I'm going back to work, at my stress filled job, at a stress filled time in my life with a brand new routine (again) that will involve getting my son to daycare in the mornings to a bunch of new staff.

When my friend was on her mat leave(s) I was the main person. Thrust into that position after the other CDA quit suddenly while I was still in my probation. It was then my issue to train new people (I hate training people, if I felt good about my abilities in that aspect I would be a teacher) and try to get through each day in a busy practice
Should I go back to work? Can we afford to have me working part time instead? then we would have less day care cost AND I would be able to spend more time with my son . Do I still want to be a CDA or should I move into another career?

Oh, so many thoughts. Currently, I'm really trying to focus on being more positive  Give my son the chance to thrive in a different surrounding I won't know how he does with others until we do it.
Part of me wants to work 5 days a week (vs 6 with the dbl shift) in order to qualify for mat leave again in the future. The current plan  is to wait until my 35th bday (where my son would be 2 yrs old) and hopefully we can afford for me to be off work for the 18M vs 12M
The idea there, is that my son would be heading to school at the end of the that at leave and I would cut down to part time partially to be home with kiddos and partially because daycare cost is just too high to put two kids in daycare for the amount of money I make

There are so many other things floating through my head. It stresses me out, makes me lose sleep and I feel like it's taking away from what time I do still have at home

I am trying to focus my energy on things to do with my babe. He will only be a this age for a very short time and it's up to me to enjoy it and try to provide for him mentally and emotionally on top of the whole parent thing haha

There are some big changes coming for us and I'll do my best to not let it ruin my mindset too
I'll let you know how it goes








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food For Thought...

I want to quit

Hiking during a pandemic