Optimal training time

What exactly does Optimal training mean?  Different things to different people for sure.
It seems to be a "hot word" in regards to online coaching / training.

For a lot of people the "optimal" time to workout is the middle of the day. You've (hopefully) rested and eaten 1-2 meals, had the chance to digest and therefore would be at the best place to workout

I personally, enjoy working out in the morning. I would get up before work and get a good sweat in before heading out for the day. Was it the most optimal? Probably not. I would commonly workout fasted which can lead to lack in strength... but, if I ate first I'd have to get up that much earlier! Which was a not thanks for this gal - 5am is early enough as is

Currently on maternity leave, if my hubby is home I prefer to go during nap time which is around 930/10 am. During the week its quieter at the gym which I def prefer.
During the week I fly solo with the wee man so I 'll either workout at home (ugh, not my favorite but I'd rather do something than nothing) OR I'll go as soon as my hubby gets home (approx 4pm)
If the stars align (hashtag mom life) and babe is fed and or sleeping when the hubs gets home I run out right away. The gym doesn't have the after work crew coming in just yet and I can get a real workout in before having to run home and be a mom again.

Our household is fairly active. Between weight training, softball and triathlon (for me) my hubby also enjoys hitting the weights and training brazilian jiu jitsu. So, keeping workouts to an hour is generally appreciated as our son is still pretty reliant on me.
He will take a bottle though and is also eating solids so that is nice.

I'm sure there are several other references about this but I've heard it most recently on the MindPump Podcast (Mindpumpmedia.com) they have lots of FREE guides online (MindpumpFree.com) and their podcast is awesome (personal opinion... obvs)
Joe Rogans has also had several guests on his show talking about optimizing your training, diet etc .. finding the JRE podcast is as simple as opening a podcast app, it's literally one of the most downloaded podcasts in the world haha

When I go back to work things might be a little different, when ball season starts things will be a little different. But for now, my optimal training time -- depends

As is the point I'm trying to convey here. It depends. Quite commonly the answer to any and all fitness questions is this. Each person is different. Possibly the best time to workout for me (or most) IS mid-morning / mid - day but my current reality doesn't allow that
So, I train when I can and some days are better than others. Even when I workout from home, which isn't my go to method, I still get all the benefits of training -- heellloo oxytocin :)


Happy sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food For Thought...

I want to quit

Hiking during a pandemic